http://notimetocook.accessyourwebsite.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/42/copycat-chicken-sandwhich.jpg 150 150 Julieanne Gee http://notimetocook.accessyourwebsite.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/42/NoTimeToCook_100x340.png Julieanne Gee2016-10-17 20:16:332016-10-17 20:43:25The Simple Chicken Sandwich
Check out how easy this restaurant style chicken sandwich is to make.
- 18 ounce boneless, skinless chicken breast, halved horizontally
- 1/2cup dill pickle juice
- 3/4cup milk
- 1cup vegetable oil for frying
- 1/4cup flour
- 1teaspoon powdered sugar
- 1/4teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2hamburger buns, toasted
- 6dill pickle slices
- Waffle fries (optional)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine chicken, pickle juice, and 1/4 cup milk. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet preheat oil to 365 degrees F
- Meanwhile, in a shallow dish combine remaining 1/2 cup milk and egg. In another shallow dish combine flour, powdered sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Drain chicken. Dip chicken in egg mixture, allowing excess to drip off. Dip in flour mixture to coat.
- Add chicken to hot oil and fry 6 to 8 minutes or until golden brown and internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F, turning once. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Top bottom buns with pickles, chicken, and top bun. Serve with waffle fries, if desired.