Halloween bark is an ingenious idea to 1) Satisfy everyone’s tastes for dessert toppings, and 2) use up any extra Halloween candy.
Just melt chocolate in a pan then scatter treats in different sections of the chocolate so that everyone can go for their favorite! Chill for a couple hours until the chocolate hardens and voilà!
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 8 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 3 – 4 cups candy, nuts, seeds, cranberries — the sky’s the limit, so feel free to go a little crazy!
- Melt each of the chocolates individually in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper, then pour the semisweet chocolate over one side of the paper, and the white chocolate over the other side of the paper, keeping them separate and just touching where they meet in the middle.
- Use a knife or a spatula to lightly swirl and marble the chocolates together in the middle, then sprinkle the toppings over the chocolate in whatever design you like.
- Chill until firm, 1 – 2 hours. Use a metal spoon or other heavy object to break it up into shards, then eat up!