Who doesn’t like pesto? Try this very easy, very delicious, one-pan garlic chicken pesto pasta from the good folks at Tasty.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced into ½-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- ½ tablespoon kosher salt
- ½ tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ½ grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup pesto
- 3 cups penne pasta, cooked and drained
- ¾ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Parmesan cheese to garnish
- Chopped basil to garnish
Heat the oil in a pan over high heat. Combine the chicken, garlic, salt, and pepper, cooking until chicken is browned. Mix in the heavy cream, parmesan, and pesto, stirring until evenly combined. Bring to a boil and cook until the sauce has reduced, about 5-7 minutes.
Toss in the pasta and cherry tomatoes, stirring until evenly coated. Remove from heat. To serve, sprinkle parmesan cheese and basil on top!