Check out some of these fun Halloween drinks for grown ups. These are all easy to make and great for parties! As always, have a safe Halloween and please drink responsibly.
1 1/2 cups boiling water, divided
1 (3 ounce) package lemon-flavored gelatin mix (such as Jell-O®)
2 cups vodka, divided ice cubes
1 (3 ounce) package orange-flavored gelatin mix (such as Jell-O®)
2 tablespoons warm water
1 (.25 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup light rum
Pour 3/4 cup boiling water into a small bowl. Add lemon gelatin mix; stir until dissolved. Pour 1 cup vodka into a glass measuring cup; add enough ice to make 1 1/4 cup. Stir into lemon gelatin until slightly thickened; remove any unmelted ice. Fill tall shot glasses 1/3 of the way with lemon gelatin mixture.
Refrigerate until lemon gelatin layer is set, at least 90 minutes.
Pour remaining 3/4 cup boiling water into the small bowl. Add orange gelatin mix; stir until dissolved. Pour remaining 1 cup vodka into a glass measuring cup; add enough ice to make 1 1/4 cup. Stir into orange gelatin until slightly thickened; remove any unmelted ice. Pour over lemon gelatin layer.
Refrigerate until orange gelatin layer is set, at least 90 minutes.
Pour 2 tablespoons warm water into a bowl. Add unflavored gelatin; stir until dissolved. Stir in condensed milk and rum. Pour over orange gelatin layer.
Refrigerate until top layer is set, at least 30 minutes.
2 (12 fluid ounce) cans frozen limeade concentrate
2 (12 fluid ounce) cans frozen lemonade concentrate
2 (2 liter) bottles lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage
1 (750 milliliter) bottle rum
2 quarts lime sherbet
In a large pot, combine limeade, lemonade and lemon-lime soda. Stir in rum (add more to taste if desired.) Mix in the lime sherbet.
Drunken Dirt Worms
Vampire Elixir – (Halloween)
1/4 cup ice
1/2 cup orange juice
1 1/2 ounces black vodka
1/2 ounce triple sec
orange wedge, for garnish
1. In a cocktail shaker, add orange juice and triple sec over ice. Shake well, and strain into a glass.
- Using the back of a spoon, pour black vodka slowly into a glass so that the vodka sits atop the orange juice and triple sec mix.
- Carefully dip one edge of the orange wedge into the vodka for a spooky presentation, and sit the wedge on the rim of the glass.
1 ounce cognac
1/2 ounce Grand Marnier
1 1/2 ounces orange juice
1/2 ounce ginger ale
orange wheel, for garnish
lime twist, for garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker.
- Shake well and strain into an ice-filled rocks glass.
- Garnish with an orange and lime “pumpkin top.”
- To make a “pumpkin top” garnish, fold a small piece of lime twist/peel in half and insert into the center of an orange wheel.