The good folks at Tasty have done it again with this creamy and delicious pesto pasta bake. The tomato slicing shortcut alone is worth the watch. When you’re done salivating over this Italian Masterpiece, gather up the ingredients and make this dish tonight. C’mon, you can do it!
4 cups basil
2 cloves garlic
½ cup pine nuts
¾ cup parmesan, grated
¾ cup olive oil
¼ cup cold water
½ cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
12 ounces fusilli, al dente
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 cup parmesan, grated
8 ounces mozzarella balls
1. To make the pesto, mix basil, garlic, pine nuts, parmesan, cold water, heavy cream, salt, and pepper in a food processor for about 30 seconds. Add in olive oil. Process until combined, set aside.
2. Cook fusilli to very al dente, or about 3-4 minutes before the package instructs for cook time, then drain pasta.
2. Halve cherry tomatoes.
3. In a skillet or casserole pan, mix fusilli, cherry tomatoes, and pesto.
4. Top with grated parmesan and mozzarella balls.
5. Bake at 400° Fahrenheit for 10-15 minutes, or until mozzarella has melted.
6. Garnish with additional parmesan and fresh basil. Serve immediately.