This easy carrot cake recipe by Chef Jason Hill of Chef Tips is a perfect dessert for any occasion. If you want to add raisins or walnuts, you may need to cook it a bit longer. Just keep an eye on it after about 30 minutes or so.
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups canola oil
- 3 cups peeled and shredded carrots (6 medium carrots)
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Raisins and walnuts (optional)
- Mix eggs and sugar in food processor until frothy. Drizzle in canola oil. Mix another 20 seconds. Transfer to medium sized mixing bowl. Stir in carrots and flour, mixing well. Add spices and mix well. Add baking powder, soda and salt.
- Transfer batter to a lined baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray or butter. Bake at 350 F in middle rack for 35-40 minutes.