Try a new way to make classic spaghetti & meatballs by baking in the oven. Don’t forget the garlic bread!
Meatballs (about 1½ doz homemade meatballs) **meatballs were fully cooked
24 oz jar marinara sauce (I used San Marzano Sauce)
½ yellow onion (diced)
3 cloves garlic (crushed)
1 tsp Italian seasoning
2 TBSP olive oil
¾ spaghetti noodles
1-2 cups grated cheese (I used half colby-jack, half mozzarella)
½ cup grated parmesan
- In large cast iron skillet, sauté onions in olive oil over med/low heat. Add in garlic and continue sautéing until onions are tender.
- Add cooked meatballs.
- Add marinara sauce and tsp Italian seasoning.
- Heat over med/low heat for about 20-30 minutes.
- In separate large pot, cook spaghetti noodles according to package directions (under cook by 2 minutes).
- With large slotted spoon, scoop meatballs from sauce and set aside.
- Scoop cooked spaghetti (with large slotted spoon) into marinara sauce. Add in about ½ cup pasta cooking water. Gently stir until pasta is fully coated with sauce.
- Add cooked meatballs to top of spaghetti.
- Top with grated cheese & parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350* for approx 20-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly and cheese is melted.